Our bodies come in many shapes and sizes and the stresses and strains we put upon them in everyday activities can have profound implications to our overall posture and sense of wellbeing.
Pilates will help you to become more aware of your own body, allowing you to recognise your physical strengths and weaknesses. Pilates can then help you address these factors to improve your quality of life.
Pilates is beneficial for general fitness, specific health conditions and most of all for your overall well-being.
Important benefits of Pilates to your general fitness include:
- Improving your posture.
- Improving mobility and flexibility of your spine.
- Improving tone and flexibility of your muscles.
- Promoting a more efficient supportive core.
- Increases stability of the pelvis and shoulders.
- Fosters the health of joints through improved mobility and support from the surrounding musculature.
- Compliments training for athletes.
Pilates offers a safe and beneficial form of exercise for a wide range of medical conditions, including:
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Musculoskeletal aches and pains.
- Poor balance, strength and coordination, particularly important for the elderly.
- Stress and tension, relieving these common 21st century conditions makes you look and feel better!
Pilates will help you to become more aware of your own body allowing you to identify your strengths and weaknesses. It has been used by both the rich and famous, which of late has given the technique much media interest, although originally it was ballet dancers who used the technique for strength, flexibility & rehabilitation of injury. More recently professional sports teams have included it as an important part of their training programs.
Our pilates classes are limited in size to ensure adequate attention. We book our classes in school term time courses and payment is made in advance. All equipment is provided unless you would prefer to bring your own mats. If you have not taken part in a Pilates course previously you may be advised to have a one to one session beforehand to ensure safe integration into the course. Our Pilates classes are taught by Emma Walker, pilates foundation instructor
One to one sessions are also available within the clinic.
Many of our therapies are covered by private health insurers, and you can also see us via a referral from your G.P – so please do ask.If you’re paying for yourself, we’ll find a treatment plan that fits your budget. We work with all of our clients to provide the best possible value for their money.
Contact us to set up an appointment, and make a commitment to your well-being today!